Many are looking forward to hunting season in Wisconsin. It is normally the time of year when most people enjoy some hunting and to stock up their meat for the next year.
However, the one thing that everyone should know, is that there is some important information that you need to know about Wisconsin hunting season.
This is if you want to make sure that you are staying within the law and stay safe during hunting season. These are everything you need to know about hunting season.
Wisconsin Hunting Seasons Rules and Laws
Before you can start looking forward to hunting in Wisconsin this year, it is important to make sure that you know all their hunting rules and laws. These are the most important rules and laws that you need to know for this year.
- If a person is born on or after January 1, 1973, and is looking for a Wisconsin hunting license, they need to complete a hunter education course. You need to show the proof of your Hunter Safety Certificate before you can apply for any hunter’s license.
- With mentored hunting, anyone over the age of 10 can hunt without a hunter safety certificate. But, then they should be under the supervision of an experienced hunter with a valid hunter safety certificate.
- Anyone from the age of 12 can go for the hunter education course to get their hunter safety certificate.
What Animals Can You Hunt in Wisconsin During Hunting Season?
If you are new in Wisconsin and you are hunting for the first time, you might be wondering what type of animals you can hunt during the hunting season. The only thing that you should make sure first, is that you are hunting the right animal for the right season. Some of the animals that you can find in Wisconsin and that you can legally hunt are:
- Migratory birds and game birds
- Wild turkey
- Small mammals and furbearers
You will be surprised about the number of animals and birds that you can hunt in Wisconsin.
Season Dates for Hunting in Wisconsin
As we said earlier, there are different times of the year where you can hunt different animals. And, if you want to make sure that you aren’t going to get into trouble with the law, you should make sure that you are going to know the dates when you can hunt certain animals.
This is something serious that you need to know. There are different dates when you can hunt different animals. It is also important to know that there are serious consequences when you have a license for hunting deer, and you are shooting game birds instead. Especially if this is out of season for hunting game birds.
The other thing that you should know about season dates, is the type of weapon that you are using and the time that you are hunting. You are only allowed to bow hunting during a certain year, and a muzzleloader during another year. You should always stay updated about the dates because it can change without any warnings.
Tips to Remember When Hunting Season Starts
If you want to make sure that you are safe and that you have a great hunting experience in Wisconsin, then you should make sure that you know these tips. With these tips, you will be sure to have the best possible time while hunting.
- You should make sure that you don’t hunt on private land, without their permission. This happens all the time that a hunter lands on the wrong land, and this can get the hunter in trouble. Make sure that you know where you are allowed to hunt and where you should stay away from.
- Be aware of the hunting activity that is going on around you. You aren’t the only one hunting, and accidents can happen so fast. By being aware of your surroundings, you can know if there are other hunters in the area that might not see you.
- Make sure that you and your dog is visible to other hunters. Especially, your dog. You don’t want someone mistaken your dog for a wild animal and becomes the hunted animal. You should also wear colorful and bright colors to make yourself visible. For your dog, you can purchase a bright collar.
- Gun safety is also really important to consider. Too many accidents happen during hunting season because of a lack of gun safety.
Wisconsin hunting season. The time of year that so many people are looking forward to. However, you need to make sure that you know everything there is to know about the hunting season. Then you will know for sure that when hunting season starts, that you have a great and safe time hunting.
With the different animals and birds that you can hunt, Wisconsin is a great area for hunting.